Connecticut Workforce Summit: Addressing the Labor Shortage
Futuro Health CEO Van Ton-Quinlivan headlined the 2022 Connecticut Workforce Summit, hosted in partnership with CBIA, ReadyCT, CONNSTEP, and Social Venture Partners Connecticut October 6 at the AquaTurf Club in Plantsville.
Ton-Quinlivan shared insights on proven workforce development strategies refined for the private, public, education, and nonprofit sectors.
General Dynamics Electric Boat’s Shawn Coyne, OKAY Industries president and CEO Jason Howey, Burke Aerospace’s Brittany Isherwood, and Stanley Black & Decker’s Dave Smith discussed their approaches to tackling the labor shortage.
And Accenture’s Ryan Oakes, Travelers Foundation’s Tara Spain, Hartford HealthCare’s Melanie Tucker, and Social Venture Partners’ Michael van Leesten shared best practices for leveraging early talent pipelines to bridge the gap between K-12 education and employer hiring needs.
7:15 am | Networking Breakfast
8:15 am | Welcome Remarks
- Chris DiPentima, President & CEO, CBIA
- Shannon Marimón, Executive Director, ReadyCT
8:30 am | Proven Workforce Strategies
- Van Ton-Quinlivan, CEO, Futuro Health
9:15 am | Networking Break
- Moderator: Dave Smith, VP, Global EHS Governance, Stanley Black & Decker
- Shawn Coyne, VP of HR, General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Jason Howey, President & CEO, OKAY Industries
- Brittany Isherwood, President, Burke Aerospace
10:30 am | Networking Break
10:45 am | Leveraging Early Talent Pipelines
- Moderator: Michael Van Leesten, Director, Organization Development & Stakeholder Engagement, Social Venture Partners Connecticut
- Ryan Oakes, Global Health & Public Services Industry Practices Chair, Accenture
- Tara Spain, VP & COO, Travelers Foundation & AVP, Community Relations, Travelers
- Melanie Tucker, VP, Human Resources, Hartford HealthCare
11:30 am | Adjourn
Thu, Oct 06, 2022
8:15am – 11:30am
The Aqua Turf Club
556 Mulberry Street
Plantsville, CT 06479
The Connecticut Workforce Summit: Addressing the Labor Shortage was hosted in partnership with ReadyCT, CONNSTEP, and SVP-CT and made possible through the generous support of General Dynamics Electric Boat.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.