HR Hotline Live: Winter Workplace Challenges
What are the pressing employment issues that companies face, as they face down winter?
CBIA HR Counsel Diane Mokriski joined attorneys Vincent Farisello and Nick Zaino from Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey to address HR problems particular to Connecticut’s winter months.
This Dec. 7 HR Hotline Live focused on both wage and hour issues as well as an employer’s potential liability for the poor conduct of its employees.
- Can you dock your employees’ pay for days that you’re closed for snowy weather?
- Should you give your employees pink slips for temporary plant closings?
- What are the rules for employing minors when they’re home on school breaks?
- Is an employer at risk if it serves alcohol at a holiday party and a drunk employee gets in a car accident? Or harasses someone?
- Can an employer limit its employees’ ability to post holiday party photos on social media?
Wed, Dec 07, 2022
1:00pm – 2:00pm
HR Hotline Live: Winter Workplace Challenges is made possible through the generous support of Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.