Made in Connecticut: 2022 Manufacturing Summit
CBIA, CONNSTEP, and ReadyCT present the Made in Connecticut: 2022 Manufacturing Summit, sponsored by TD Bank.
Carolyn Lee, president of The Manufacturing Institute—the workforce development and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers—was this year’s keynote speaker.
Lee shared the institute’s work to inspire, educate, and empower the manufacturing workforce of today and tomorrow and the organization’s initiatives addressing the labor shortage, including its focus on technology and underserved communities.
RSM’s Kendra Blacksher, Allnex’s Frank DiCristina, Burke Aerospace’s Brittany Isherwood, and Nuovo Pasta Productions’ Tom Quinn reviewed the findings of the 2022 Connecticut Manufacturing Report, we discuss the state’s latest manufacturing initiatives, and present our annual manufacturing awards.
And Grant Thornton’s Robert Hersh led a discussion with Belimo Americas’ Dan Hobbs, Miller Foods president Capri Brighenti, and Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals CEO Chris Ulbrich, as they share how they are addressing supply chain challenges.
7:30 am | Networking & Breakfast
8:30 am | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Chris DiPentima, President & CEO, CBIA
- Michael LaBella, Commercial Market President, Connecticut, Rhode Island & Southeast Massachusetts, TD Bank
- Carolyn Lee, President, The Manufacturing Institute
- Moderator: Kendra Blacksher, Industrial Products Senior Analyst & Audit Senior Manager, RSM US LLP
- Frank DiCristina, Site Manager, Allnex
- Brittany Isherwood, President, Burke Aerospace
- Tom Quinn, EVP & COO, Nuovo Pasta Productions, ltd
10:20 am | Networking Break
- Moderator: Robert Hersh, National Managing Principal, Manufacturing Industry, Grant Thornton
- Capri Brighenti, President & CEO, Miller Foods
- Dan Hobbs, VP, Production, Belimo Americas
- Chris Ulbrich, CEO & Chair, Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc.
11:20 am | 2022 Connecticut Manufacturing Awards
- Steve Litchfield, Regional Vice President, TD Bank Greater Hartford
11:45 am | Adjourn
Thu, Oct 27, 2022
8:30am – 11:45am
Toyota Oakdale Theater
95 South Turnpike Road, Wallingford, CT 06492
The Made in Connecticut: 2022 Manufacturing Summit was made possible through the generous support of TD Bank with additional support from RSM and Grant Thornton.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.