Were we all born into our jobs? A new study from CareerBuilder looks at how workers compare in terms of chosen profession, title, and salary based on birth order, sibling status, and astrological sign. The survey was conducted among more than 5,700 workers nationwide.
- An only child is more likely to earn six figures and is more likely to hold a C-level position (CEO, CFO, Senior VP, etc.), but workers with siblings are more likely to be satisfied in their jobs.
- Among workers with siblings, a first born child is the most likely to earn six figures and hold a C-level position while a last born child is the most likely to work in middle management. A middle child is the most likely to report holding an entry-level position and earning less than $35,000.
- An only child has a higher tendency toward working in technical and health-related fields and protective services. First borns tend to be drawn to government positions and science. Middle children lean toward public service and care-taking roles while the youngest prefer more creative roles and technology.
- Virgo, Aries, and Scorpio signs are the most likely to earn six figures.
- Capricorn and Leo signs are the most likely to hold an upper management position (VP and above), with more Capricorns in C-level jobs. The Aries sign is the most likely to work in middle management, while Aquarius is the most likely to hold an entry-level job.
- Virgo, Libra, and Taurus signs are the most likely to report being satisfied in their jobs.