McKinney, Sharkey Headline Transportation Summit
State Senate Majority Leader John McKinney (R-Fairfield) and House Speaker Brendan Sharkey (D-Hamden) are among the featured speakers discussing critical infrastructure issues at the 2013 Connecticut Transportation Summit December 12 in Stamford.
The legislative leaders will join state officials and business groups in examining proposals for addressing the state’s transportation concerns and funding priorities.
In addition, the results of the 2013 Connecticut Transportation Survey, the first major study of statewide transportation challenges, will be released at the summit, scheduled for 8:30 am-noon at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel.
Sponsored by UIL Holdings Corporation, the survey examines the impact of Connecticut’s outdated transportation infrastructure on residents, businesses, and the state’s economic vitality.
The summit and study are a collaboration between the Connecticut Business & Industry Association, Stamford Chamber of Commerce, Connecticut Construction Industries Association, and Motor Transportation Association of Connecticut.
Featured speakers include:
- Sen. John McKinney (R-Fairfield), Connecticut State Senate Minority Leader
- Rep. Brendan Sharkey (D-Hamden), Connecticut Speaker of the House
- Anna Barry, Deputy Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Phil Byrd, Chairman, American Trucking Associations; President and CEO, Bulldog Hiway Express
- Jack Condlin, President, Stamford Chamber of Commerce
- Pete Gioia, Vice President and Economist, CBIA
- Mario Smith, President, Waters Construction Co.; Past Chairman of the Board, Connecticut Construction Industries Association
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.