Four years ago, CBIA and several other manufacturing organizations produced a “Call Me Maybe” video in honor of Manufacturing Month. The video was seen over 15,000 times and was a great way to showcase manufacturing in Connecticut.
To celebrate manufacturing month this year, these same organizations are coming together once again to produce a new video–Manufacturing Karaoke–and we need your help!
With inspiration from James Corbin and the USA Swim Team, we’re calling for manufacturers to submit their own manufacturing karaoke videos, highlighting in a creative way, your employees, facilities, products, production, and operations with a song of your choosing.
So, let’s have some fun and get your employees excited about manufacturing!
- Companies can use any song, old or new. Whatever song fits your culture and message. Some suggestions include Happy by Pharrel, Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake, Cool Kids by Echosmith, or any Beatles tune.
- Songs must be upbeat, have a positive message, void of any political message and doesn’t use any foul language. *We retain the right to reject any submission we feel does not meet this criteria.
- The video must showcase your manufacturing facility and your brand.
- Videos can be done with GoPro, video camera, or even cell phone. Cell phones must be shot horizontally, not vertically.
- Song must be clear, and played in the background while shooting video and workers sing along. We highly recommend worker diversity including gender, age, and different positions not only technicians but also management, HR, accounting. This is also a great chance to show the well-paying jobs available in manufacturing. Get everybody involved!!
- All videos will be posted to YouTube, and a new video will be featured each day in October on other social media outlets.
- One montage video will be put together featuring some of the best submissions.
- Videos need to be uploaded to a dropbox. Please identify your company in the file name. Any questions, contact Meaghan MacDonald.
- The deadline for submissions is September 15.
We anticipate a big response. If you are interested in submitting, let us know so we can work with you and make sure we get your submission entered.
So are you in? We hope so. This is great way to celebrate Manufacturing Month while getting your employees excited about their jobs and what they do.
If you have any questions, please email or call Adam Ney (860.244.1933).