When it comes to making more money or receiving better benefits from an employer, no sacrifice is too extreme for many workers today.
In a survey by personal finance website GOBankingRates.com, participants were asked six "would you rather" questions asking what they would do to:
- Double their salary
- Get a $100,000 bonus
- Receive unlimited paid time off
- Get a free Uber ride to and from work each day
- Always have four-day workweeks
- Have their employer pay their income taxes
So What Would Workers Do?
- Eighty-three percent of employees would rather be on call 24/7 for their boss than for Donald Trump in order to double their salary.
- To receive a $100,000 bonus, employees would rather live without their phones for a year than be roommates with their HR director.
- Fifty-six percent of Americans would be willing to have a two-hour commute to work each way if it meant receiving unlimited paid time off.
- One in three employees would work two extra hours every day to get a free Uber ride to and from work daily.
- To always have a four-day workweek, more workers (58%) would rather give up cable and Internet on weekends than only hang out with coworkers on weekends (42%).
Methodology: This survey was commissioned by GOBankingRates and conducted by independent research firm Survata. A total of 1,000 full-time and part-time workers participated.