Tarana Burke, the Me Too movement founder and one of Time's 100 Most Influential People of 2018, headlines this year's When Women Lead conference.
This popular event will be held on Friday, June 1 at Infinity Music Hall & Bistro in Hartford.
Sitting down with CBIA's Andréa Comer, Burke will review the year's stunning events, look at what's next for the movement, and discuss how women can and must lead together.
CBIA board chair Mary Kay Fenton, executive vice president and CFO at Achillion Pharmaceuticals, opens the annual event and is followed by Girls with Impact's Jennifer Openshaw.
Openshaw will discuss how we can encourage and develop young girls to become leaders of their generation.
Two panel discussions will also look at women in business, from millennials and what inspires and drives them, to success stories from right here in Connecticut.
The Millennial Mindset
- Moderator: Maribel La Luz, Director of Communications, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
- Adwoa Dadzie, Western New England Region VP of Human Resources, Comcast
- Ojala Naeem, Managing Director, reSET
- Stephanie Fluker, Supplier Quality Engineer, Pratt & Whitney
She Made It in Connecticut!
- Moderator: Kimberly Robinson Williams, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Stanley Black & Decker
- Capri Frank, Owner, Miller Foods
- Christina Sayer, Owner, Brewery Legitimus
- Andréa Hawkins, Owner, Berkins Blend Café
- Melissa Gonzales, Owner, Vintanthromodern
Seats are still available. Register today.