Hygrade’s Pedro Soto, Element 119 Win SBA Manufacturing Awards
The owner of a Plainville manufacturer is Connecticut’s 2023 Manufacturer of the Year.
The U.S. Small Business Administration announced Hygrade Precision Technologies owner, president, and CEO Pedro Soto as this year’s winner March 16.
The company provides grinding, lapping, and machining services for the aerospace, automotive, commercial, homeland security, medical, and power generation industries.
The SBA also named Element 119 CEO Andrew Zeppa as Regional Exporter of the Year.
The Thomaston-based manufacturer developers ceramic composite coatings used in the automotive, aerospace, and marine industries.
“We are extremely excited to honor and shine a spotlight on such an accomplished group of small business owners, whose achievements over the past year stand out,” said SBA Connecticut district director Catherine Marx
“This year, we placed a greater emphasis on the tenacity of America’s diverse entrepreneurs who play an integral role in powering our nation’s economy while navigating challenges from various variant COVID waves, supply chain disruptions, and inflation.”
Soto and Zeppa are among several categories of winners in industries across the state who will be honored at the CBIA and SBA National Small Business Week SBA Awards & Resource Expo May 4.
Other awardees include:
- Small Business Person of the Year: Dennis Nash, Control Station
- Minority Owned Small Business of the Year: Jay McLaurin and Henry Smith III, FAD Mechanical
- Microenterprise of the Year: Carol DiCarlo, Cheshire Equestrian
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Brianna Regine Walston, Brianna Regine Visionary Consulting
- Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year: Jeffrey Nodden, Manchester Awning
- Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year: Alisha Lynn Simpson-Watt, Collaborative ABA
“Pedro, Andrew and all of the awardees represent the best of small business Connecticut,” said CBIA president and CEO Chris DiPentima.
“Their success stories highlight the innovation, expertise, and excellence that help companies find ways to thrive during challenging economic times.”
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.