How do business leaders rate the performance of state lawmakers? What do they think are the priorities for the next governor
How do they feel about Connecticut’s economy and are their businesses growing?
Find out the answers to those questions and more September 7, at CBIA's annual Connecticut Economy conference.
The Connecticut Economy
Friday, September 7
Hartford Marriott Downtown (200 Columbus Blvd, Hartford)
The event opens with a panel of small business leaders as they share their stories for navigating a dynamic economic climate, addressing workforce and workplace challenges, surviving and thriving in a supply chain, managing technology, and more.
Next, hear from top state political experts as they explore the critical 2018 elections, breaking down the race for governor, the battle for control of the state legislature, and how federal issues impact those campaigns.
The event ends with a panel of business leaders as they dive into the survey results, examining the factors that are driving or hampering growth, hiring and investment trends, and the impact of federal tax and trade policies.
There will be media availability after this panel.
7:30 am | Check-in & Networking Breakfast
8:30 am | Opening Remarks
- Joe Brennan, President & CEO, CBIA
8:40 am | Small Business Stories: Adapting & Evolving in a Rapidly Changing World
- Moderator: Bonnie Del Conte, President & CEO, CONNSTEP
- Cindi Bigelow, President & CEO, Bigelow Tea
- David Lewis, President & CEO, OperationsInc.
- Kelli-Marie Vallieres, President & CEO, Sound Manufacturing, Inc.
9:35 am | Networking Break
9:50 am | 2018 Connecticut Elections: Issues, Outlook, Forecasts
- Moderator: Christine Stuart, Editor-in-Chief, CTNewsjunkie.com
- Rich Hanley, Associate Professor, Journalism, Quinnipiac University
- Gary Rose, Professor & Chair, Department of Government, Sacred Heart University
- Jonathan Wharton, Assistant Professor, Political Science & Urban Affairs, Southern Connecticut State University
10:40 am | Networking Break
11 am | Results: 2018 Survey of Connecticut Businesses
- Moderator: Michael Brooder, Hartford Office Managing Partner, Marcum LLP
- Donna Dellomo, Chief Financial Officer, LoveSac
- Lynn Fusco, President, Fusco Corporation
- John Traynor, EVP & Chief Investment Officer, People's United Wealth Management
11:45 am: Adjourn and Media Availability
Media interested in attending this event should contact Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).
CBIA is Connecticut's largest business organization, with thousands of member companies, small and large, representing a diverse range of industries from every part of the state. For more information, please email or call Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).