Business Leaders, Economists Discuss State, National Outlook at Annual Event
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston president and chief executive officer Eric S. Rosengren will deliver the opening address at the 2014 Economic Summit and Outlook conference on Tuesday, January 7, in Hartford.
Rosengren will discuss the economic and financial outlook for the U.S. economy before an expected crowd of about 500 business leaders at the Marriott Hartford Downtown.
Stanley Black & Decker chairman and chief executive officer John F. Lundgren is the conference's featured speaker and Webster Bank economist Nicholas Perna will examine the state outlook for 2014.
The conference closes with a panel on advanced manufacturing featuring speakers from a number of area companies and organizations.
The region's largest economic conference is presented by the Connecticut Business & Industry Association and the MetroHartford Alliance and sponsored by Webster Bank.
- 7-8:15 am: Registration and Networking Breakfast
- 8:30-9:20 am: Welcome and Federal Reserve Outlook (Eric S. Rosengren, president and chief executive officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston)
- 9:20-10 am: Featured Speaker (John F. Lundgren, chairman and chief executive officer, Stanley Black & Decker)
- 10-10:15 am: Break
- 10:15-10:45 am: Economic Overview, Nicholas S. Perna, economic advisor to Webster Bank
- 10:45-11:45 am: Panel Discussion; Advanced Manufacturing (Chris DiPentima, president, Pegasus Manufacturing; Elliot Ginsberg, president and chief executive officer, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology; Jason Howey, president, OKAY Industries; Scott Pleau, vice president of operations, Covidien. Moderator: Jeffrey Seeman, vice president for research, UConn)
MetroHartford Alliance is the region's chamber of commerce and economic development leader. For more information, visit metrohartford.com