|State's Largest Business Organization Will Elect New Chair, Officers December 11|
The Connecticut Business & Industry Association, the state's largest business organization, has elected 11 new members to its board of directors.
The diverse group represents a broad cross section of Connecticut's business community including a range of industry sectors, sizes, and geographical locations.
The incoming directors begin serving their four-year terms on December 1.
"CBIA's greatest strength is the willingness of state business leaders to serve on its board of directors and set its policy direction for making Connecticut a top 20 state for business by 2017," said John Rathgeber, president and chief executive officer, CBIA.
"Achieving this goal is essential to drive the kind of private investment necessary to not only make Connecticut a great place to work, but a great place to live and raise a family."
The new directors are:
- Greg M. Barats, president & CEO, HSB Group Inc., Hartford
- Dr. James G. Baxter, senior vice president, development, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., Ridgefield
- Burke Doar, senior vice president, TRUMPF Inc., Farmington
- Carmela Inneo, managing director and Hartford office head, Marsh USA Inc., Hartford
- Patrick F. Keegan, Jr., president-Construction, The Travelers Companies Inc., Hartford
- Paul M. Kelley, corporate vice president and division general manager, Alinabal Holdings Corp., Milford
- Auro Nair, general manager, The Jackson Laboratory, Farmington
- Eileen L. O'Donnell, president and creative director, odonnell Company, New Haven
- Paul Quick, senior vice president and general manager of Connecticut operations, Frontier Communications Corporation, Stamford
- James T. (Tim) Shearin, chairman, Pullman & Comley LLC, Bridgeport
- Kelli-Marie Vallieres, president & CEO, Sound Manufacturing Inc./Monster Power Equipment, Old Saybrook
The board will elect a new chair on December 11 to succeed James Torgerson, president and CEO of UIL Holdings Corp. Torgerson will remain on the board as the immediate past chair.
CBIA is Connecticut's largest business organization, with 10,000 member companies. For more information, please contact Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957; firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the CBIA Newsroom.