The Connecticut Business & Industry Association will honor more than a dozen family business leaders from across the state at a special event in Southington on Wednesday, October 1.
CBIA's Celebrate Connecticut's Family Business event is designed to spotlight the achievements and successes of family owned businesses and their employees.
"Family businesses contribute in so many ways. Not only in terms of economic output and local jobs but they are often large supporters of their communities as well," CBIA economist Pete Gioia said today.
"It's always an honor to recognize the achievements of the family owned businesses and acknowledge the great employees working for and leading these organizations."
The honorees include:
- A. Peter Dacey, Alexander Dacey, and Nicolas Dacey of Amodex Products, Inc. (Bridgeport)
- Carl Roehrich and Susan Palazzo of City Line Florist Inc. (Trumbull)
- East River Energy (Guilford)
- Martha Carrejo, Linda Miele, Donna Fusco, and Lynn Cuttitta of Hubbard-Hall Inc. (Waterbury)
- Jim Love of Interpreters and Translators Inc. (Manchester)
- Bogdan (Bogie) Szarwacki of Ragozzino Foods Inc. (Meriden)
- Paul Knickerbocker of The Siemon Company (Watertown)
- Gary Brelsford of Spectrum Associates Inc. (Milford)
The event is part of CBIA's Family Business Program, launched in 2012 to support and grow the state's thousands of family businesses. The program is sponsored CohnReznick, First Niagara, and Reid and Riege, P.C.
Media wishing to attend the Celebrate Connecticut's Family Business event, scheduled for 6 pm on Wednesday, October 1 at the Aqua Turf Club, should contact CBIA's Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957; email@example.com).
CBIA is Connecticut's largest business organization, with 10,000 member companies. For more information, please contact Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957; firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the CBIA Newsroom.