CBIA, National Association of Manufacturers Host January 25 Forum
Manufacturing is vital to Connecticut's economic health and future. Now, after decades of uncertainty, the state's manufacturers could be entering a new era of opportunity.
The Connecticut Business & Industry Association, the National Association of Manufacturers, and regional business groups present Connecticut Creates! Connecticut Manufacturing Summit on January 25 at the Trumbull Marriott (180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull).
Manufacturers and economic and policy experts will discuss the state of manufacturing in Connecticut and focus on greatest challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
The program runs from 8.30 am through noon. Highlights include:
- Overview of U.S. Manufacturing: Steve Menaker, Partner, McGladrey LLP
- CBIA Report, Connecticut Manufacturing: Building on the Past, Creating Our Future: Pete Gioia, Vice President and Economist, CBIA
- Achieving Success, Resources for Sustaining Success, and Strategies for Cost-Control and Streamlining Operations: Steve Menaker (moderator); Brian DiBella, Vice President and General Manager, Wiremold Electrical Wiring Systems Division, Legrand; Don Janezic, CFO, Bigelow Tea
- Industry-Driven Workforce Solutions: Bonnie Del Conte, President, CONNSTEP (moderator); Jason Howey, President, Okay Industries; Dr. Karen Wosczyna-Birch, Executive Director College of Technology, Connecticut Community Colleges; Dave J. Tuttle, Department Head/Manufacturing. Connecticut Technical High School System; Douglas Johnson, Vice President of Operations, Marion Manufacturing Company
- Improving Connecticut's Manufacturing Climate: Joe Brennan, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, CBIA
Connecticut Creates! Is sponsored by McGladrey LLP, with participation from nPlusOne Consulting. Media wishing to attend the January 25 event should contact CBIA's Joe Budd (860.244.1951; email@example.com).
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the preeminent US manufacturers association as well as the nation's largest industrial trade association, representing small and large manufacturers in every industrial sector and all 50 states.
McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 6,500 professionals and associates in 75 offices nationwide.
nPlusOne Consulting provides businesses with a measurable, innovative solution to help maximize the three most important organizational drivers-leadership, communication and teamwork-in order to increase company profitability.