Hundreds of Business Leaders Expected at State Capitol March 6 to Address Issues, Concerns with Policymakers
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- 8-11:45 am
- Room 2C, Legislative Office Building, Hartford
Governor Dannel P. Malloy will address the hundreds of business leaders expected at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford for Connecticut Business Day on March 6.
Senate President Donald Williams (D-Brooklyn), Senate Minority Leader John McKinney (R-Fairfield), House Speaker Brendan Sharkey (D-Hamden), and House Minority Leader Larry Cafero (R-Norwalk) also will speak at the annual event.
Governor Malloy will deliver his remarks at approximately 8:30 am and will be followed by a legislative panel featuring Senate and House leaders discussing state fiscal issues.
One of the morning's breakout sessions will focus on Connecticut manufacturing, with members of the legislature's new Manufacturing Caucus.
Business Day Agenda
- 7:30 am. Registration
- 8:15 am. Welcome Remarks, Nancy Dudchik, President, Connecticut Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- 8:25 am. Introductory Remarks, John Rathgeber, President and CEO, Connecticut Business & Industry Association
- 8:30 am. Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy
- 9 am. Legislative Panel on State Fiscal Issues
Senate President Donald Williams, Senate Minority Leader John McKinney, House Speaker Brendan Sharkey, House Minority Leader Larry Cafero; Moderator: Joseph Brennan, Senior Vice President for Public Policy, CBIA
- 10 am. Break
- 10: 15-11:45 am. Breakout Session: Manufacturing Roundtable
- 10:15-11:45 am. Breakout Session: Economic Impact of Connecticut Tourism
Connecticut Business Day is co-sponsored by the Connecticut Business & Industry Association and the Connecticut Association of Chambers of Commerce Executives, a statewide organization of 61 chamber executives.
Media wishing to attend Connecticut Business Day should contact CBIA's Joe Budd (860.244.1951; firstname.lastname@example.org).