Harvard Pilgrim Health Care president and CEO Eric H. Schultz will deliver the keynote address at the 2016 Economic Summit & Outlook Conference on Friday, January 8 in Hartford.
Schultz will address the healthcare industry’s impact on Connecticut’s economy before an expected crowd of over 500 business leaders at the Marriott Hartford Downtown.
Governor Dannel Malloy's budget director Ben Barnes also will speak at the conference as part of a panel discussion on controlling state spending and tax increases.
The region’s largest economic conference is presented by CBIA and the MetroHartford Alliance and sponsored by Webster Bank.
- 7 am: Registration and Networking
- 8:15 am: Welcome and Opening Remarks (Joe Brennan, president and CEO, CBIA)
- 8:30 am: Keynote Address (Eric H. Schultz, president and CEO, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care)
- 9:15 am: State, National, and Global Economic Overview (Nicholas S. Perna, economic advisor to Webster Bank)
- 10 am: The Healthcare Industry's Economic and Employment Impact on Connecticut's Economy (Paul Pescatello, chair, Connecticut Bioscience Growth Council; Elliot Joseph, president and CEO, Hartford HealthCare; Senator Christopher Murphy, U.S. Senate; Vanessa Procter, senior director, global government affairs, Alexion Pharmaceuticals)
- 11 am: How to Control State Spending and Tax Increases (Shelly Saczynski, director of economic and community development, AVANGRID; Keith M. Phaneuf, The Connecticut Mirror; Ben Barnes, secretary, State Office of Policy and Management; Spencer Cain, president, Cain Associates; Pete Gioia, economist, CBIA)
- 12 pm: Close
Media wishing to attend the 2015 Economic Summit & Outlook Conference should contact Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).
CBIA is Connecticut’s largest business organization, with thousands of member companies, small and large, representing a diverse range of industries from every part of the state. For more information, please email or call Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).
MetroHartford Alliance is the region’s chamber of commerce and economic development leader. For more information, visit metrohartford.com