The U.S. Small Business Administration's Connecticut District Office is accepting nominations for its 2018 small business awards.
Since 1963, the SBA has recognized the outstanding achievements of America's small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to the nation's economy.
The award categories are:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Family-Owned Business of the Year
- Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Microenterprise of the Year
- Financial Services Champion
All nominations must be submitted to a Connecticut SBA office by 3 pm, Jan. 9.
Winners will be announced during National Small Business Week, April 29-May 5.