Asnuntuck Community College and the state Department of Labor are offering Connecticut manufacturers a new apprenticeship program that provides free training and wage reimbursement to employers.
The program debuts in 2019 and enables manufacturers to enhance employee skills and get wage reimbursements of up to $13,000 per participant over two years.
Qualifying companies can register up to five participants in the two-year program, which provides three hours a week of training across seven subject areas.
The program's value is $3,750 per student but is free to qualifying Connecticut manufacturers.
Total instruction time totals 300 hours, based on the following courses:
- Applied Shop Math (45 hours)
- Blueprint Reading I & II (60 hours)
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (45 hours)
- Mechanical Maintenance (30 hours)
- Industrial Maintenance (45 hours)
- OSHA 30—General Industry (30 hours)
- Quality Control (45 hours)
Classes meet Mondays from 6 to 9 pm at Asnuntuck Community College in Enfield, beginning in early 2019.
For more information, contact Asnuntuck's Gary Carra (860.253.3128).