Business Leaders: Join the Transform Connecticut Coalition
Join the Transform Connecticut coalition to tackle the high costs of living and running a business and make our economy more vibrant, robust, and equitable.
By signing the Transform Connecticut pledge, I’m supporting policy solutions for addressing the worker shortage crisis—policies designed to transform the state for the long-term by building a sustainable opportunity economy that emphasizes affordability, meaningful careers, and a positive business climate.
I support each of the following policies, developed with the input of residents and employers from around Connecticut. These ideas will help retain and attract residents, enhance and protect our workforce’s well-earned reputation for innovation and productivity, and promote the state as a high-value destination for businesses large and small.
Transform Connecticut opens doors to opportunity for all communities and residents—tackling the high costs of living and running a business, implementing pathways to rewarding careers, and leveraging the state’s many strengths to make our economy more vibrant, robust, and equitable.
- Incentivize developers and municipalities to build workforce housing on former brownfield sites and in opportunity zones.
- Help residents struggling with student loans by incentivizing employers to provide employees with loan or tuition reimbursement.
- Make it easier for small businesses to access and provide affordable health insurance options for employees.
- Reduce the number of years for transferability of out-of-state occupational licenses from three years to one year.
- Determine the feasibility of public universities using H-1B cap exempt visas to promote workforce development, using the Massachusetts model as a guide for filling in-demand jobs (as recommended by the Governor’s Workforce Council’s strategic plan).
- Reduce the cost of training the workforce of the future by eliminating the sales tax on training programs.
- Restore the pass-through entity tax credit to its original level, returning more than $53 million that struggling small businesses can use to invest and grow.
- Promote the development of new products and create a level playing field for small businesses by allowing them to take advantage of the R&D tax credit.
- Make necessary investments in the state’s unemployment trust fund to address pandemic solvency issues and protect against future recessions.
- Promote electric grid reliability and energy affordability by ramping up and optimizing the commercial and industrial energy storage solutions battery incentive program.
- Support economic growth and job creation by protecting intellectual property and promoting early- and mid-stage private and public investment in the life sciences and medical device sectors.
- Incentivize business investment by extending net operating loss carry forwards from 20 to 30 years.
Transform Connecticut Pledge: Residents, Business Leaders
Are you a Connecticut candidate or elected official? Sign the pledge now!
For more information, contact CBIA’s Stevie Ann Cote (860.244.1978).
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.