Supporting New and Emerging Technologies
We develop strategies to fuel industry job growth and timely introduction of new medicines, medical devices, and innovative products, and communicate with policymakers.
The council consists of representatives from CBIA member companies with biotech, pharmaceutical, and bioscience-related interests. Members meet regularly and interact with the Connecticut General Assembly’s Life Sciences Caucus and the state’s Congressional delegation.
Organized to better address the issues affecting this growing sector, we understand the importance of strong intellectual property protection and our industry’s uniquely high R&D costs.
We represent the interests of biotech and biopharma companies—large and small—at the state Capitol and regulatory agencies, providing greater advocacy support and resources, and developing an overall plan for better positioning these companies at the state, regional, and national levels.
Council Membership Gives Back
- Enhance and secure important policies, such as the research and development tax credit for both established and early-stage companies.
- Make connections with New England Biotech Association, We Work for Health Connecticut, and Biotechnology Industry Organization.
- Meet colleagues, share ideas, and grow your network at the many events available to council members.
- Stay informed on what is happening in the industry, as well as legislative and regulatory developments.
- Learn about innovative products, services, strategies, and technologies that can make your operations more profitable.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.