CBIA 2023 Human Resources Conference
CBIA’s HR Conference featured an in-depth view of the most challenging workplace issues impacting your management and HR personnel.
Attendees heard the latest legislative issues, and learned how to navigate wage and hour concerns from attorneys who handle these types of cases, along with practical information about the legal pitfalls with administering employee benefit plans.
This program was approved for 5.0 HRCI credits and 5.0 SHRM PDCs.
7:30 am | Breakfast & Networking
8:30 am | Opening Remarks
- Diane Mokriski, HR Counsel, CBIA
- Orlena Cowan-Bailey, Director, SHRM Connecticut State Council
8:40-9:40 am | Solving the Most Common Wage & Hour Puzzles
- Lori Alexander, Office Managing Shareholder, Littler
- Paula Anthony, Shareholder, Littler
9:40-9:55 am | Networking Break
9:55-10:55 am | Mastering Total Compensation Strategies
- Ken Clemens, Solutions Consultant, Salary.com
10:55-11:55 am | Legal Pitfalls with Administering Employee Benefit Plans
- Sean Brown, Shareholder, Littler
11:55 am-12:45 pm | Networking Lunch
12:45-1:45 pm | Legislative Update
- Eric Gjede, Vice President, Public Policy, CBIA
1:45-2 pm | Networking Break
2-3 pm | Employing Nonimmigrant Workers: Creative Solutions for the Labor Shortage
- Megan Naughton, Partner, Robinson+Cole
- Joshua Mirer, Partner, Robinson+Cole
3 pm | Adjourn
Tue, Mar 21, 2023
8:30am – 3:00pm
Aqua Turf Club
556 Mulberry Street, Plantsville, CT 06479
CBIA’s 2023 Human Resources Conference was made possible through the generous support of Littler Mendelson.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.