HR Hotline Live: Cannabis in the Workplace
Recreational and medical marijuana use is legal in Connecticut, with dispensaries rolling out recreational cannabis in January this year.
How does access to a formerly illegal product impact the workplace? Many employers worry about safety, productivity, and disciplinary issues. Others wonder if testing for cannabis use still makes sense in this new environment.
In this HR Hotline Live, CBIA HR Counsel Diane Mokriski joined Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey attorneys Vincent Farisello and Nick Zaino to discuss best practices for handling employment issues related to cannabis use in the workplace.
They addressed questions like:
- Can I rescind an employment offer if an applicant tests positive for cannabis?
- What accommodations must I make for employees who use medical marijuana?
- Can (and should) I drug test an employee who appears to be high?
- What should our handbook say?
- Is my company exempt from the new law?
HR problems or issues? Email or call CBIA’s Diane Mokriski at the HR Hotline (860.244.1900) | @HRHotline. The HR Hotline is a free service for CBIA member companies.
Wed, May 10, 2023
1:00pm – 2:00pm
HR Hotline Live: Cannabis in the Workplace was made possible through the generous support of Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.