CBIA’s HR Hotline is back with a discussion of best practices for handling employee absences—both approved and unapproved.
Managing employee absences is often a frustrating part of running a business. You may be concerned about an employee’s health, the fair distribution of work to other employees, potential productivity issues, and compliance with state and federal law.
And of course, there are employees with chronic unexcused absenteeism issues, who either call out at the last minute, or don’t show up at all.
In this Hotline Live session, CBIA HR Counsel Diane Mokriski joins Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey attorneys Vincent Farisello and Nick Zaino for a discussion of best practices for handling employee absences—both approved and unapproved.
- When and how can you discipline an employee for failing to show up for work?
- Do you have to pay for—or allow—absences due to COVID?
- When can you require a doctor’s note?
- What kinds of accommodations must be given to those who need time in rehab?
- Can an employer ever terminate someone who’s out with a workers’ compensation injury?
Wed, Feb 08, 2023
1:00pm – 2:00pm
HR Hotline Live: Managing Absenteeism is made possible through the generous support of Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.