New England Life Science & Biotech Summit
The future of biotech is now! Join us September 21 at the New England Life Science & Biotech Summit, presented in collaboration with Marcum and CBIA.
Explore the dynamic landscape of early growth and late-stage life science and biotech companies and discover the groundbreaking ideas and technologies that are reshaping the industry.
Exchange insights, strategies, and ideas with those who are driving the future of biotech in New England and network with professionals from across the region.
1 pm | Check-In & Networking
1:55 pm | Opening Remarks
- Chris DiPentima, President & CEO, CBIA
- Michael Brooder, National Technology & Life Sciences Leader, Marcum LLP
2 pm | The BioTech Innovation Landscape
- Angela Hwang, Pfizer’s chief commercial officer and president of its global biopharmaceuticals business, talks with Connecticut Bioscience Growth Council executive director Paul Pescatello.
2:45 pm | Transforming Biotech in Connecticut
- Moderator: Dan Wagner, Senior Managing Director, Investments, Connecticut Innovations
- State Senator Christine Cohen (D-Guilford)
- Josh Geballe, Senior Associate Provost for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Yale University
- State Senator Tony Hwang (R-Fairfield)
3:30 pm | Healthcare Innovations
- Tim Archer, CEO, New England Health Plan, United Healthcare
- Jim O’Brien, Vice President, Network & Benefits Solutions, Cigna Healthcare
- Lee Schwamm, Associate Dean, Digital Strategy & Transformation, Yale School of Medicine; SVP & Chief Digital Health Officer, Yale New Haven Health System
- Barry Stein, Chief Clinical Innovation Officer & Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Hartford HealthCare
4:15 pm | Capital Markets & the Economy
- David Allebach, Managing Director, Corporate Advisory Group Head, Janney Montgomery Scott
- Mark Luschini, Chief Investment Strategist, Janney Montgomery Scott; President & Chief Investment Officer, Janney Capital Management
- David Reed, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Janney Montgomery Scott
4:45 pm | Networking Reception
Thu, Sep 21, 2023
1:00pm – 6:30pm
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
155 Temple St, New Haven, CT 06510
The New England Life Science & Biotech Summit is made possible through the generous support of Nappo Wealth Advisory Group and Janney with additional support from Elm City Bioscience, Liberty Bank, Cigna Healthcare, Arvinas, Hartford HealthCare, Yale New Haven Hospital, Gaylord Specialty Healthcare, and USI.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.