The Connecticut Economy
How do the two major party candidates for Connecticut governor plan to steer the state’s post-pandemic economic recovery and growth?
Democratic incumbent Gov. Ned Lamont and GOP challenger Bob Stefanowski shared their economic visions ahead of the November elections September 23 at CBIA’s 2022 Connecticut Economy conference.
This year’s conference featured critical discussions about the state’s recovery and how companies are addressing inflation, the labor shortage, supply chain disruptions, and other challenges.
CBIA released the results of our annual survey of Connecticut businesses, produced in collaboration with Marcum LLP, featuring important insights into the state’s economy.
A panel of business leaders went behind the survey results with Marcum’s Michael Brooder, examining the ways companies are navigating the post-COVID world.
And McKinsey & Company economist Ezra Greenberg looked at the state and national economic picture and shared his outlook for the recovery.
7:30 am | Networking Breakfast
8:30 am | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Chris DiPentima, President & CEO, CBIA
- Steven Sullivan, President, Connecticut Operations, Eversource Energy
8:40 am | Results: 2022 Survey of Connecticut Businesses
- Moderator: Michael Brooder, Hartford Office Managing Partner, Marcum LLP
- Deb Gearty, Principal, Ritz Inc.
- John Green, President & CEO, Lux Bond & Green
- Derek Kohl, VP, Operations, BL Companies
9:20 am | The Stefanowski Plan
- GOP challenger Bob Stefanowksi speaks with CBIA’s Chris DiPentima
10 am | Networking Break
10:15 am | The Lamont Plan
- Democratic incumbent Gov. Ned Lamont speaks with CBIA’s Chris DiPentima
10:55 am | Economic Snapshot: The State & National Picture
- Ezra Greenberg, Partner, Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice, McKinsey & Company
11:30 am | Adjourn
Fri, Sep 23, 2022
8:30am – 11:30am
Hartford Marriott Downtown
200 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103-2807
The Connecticut Economy was made possible through the generous support of Marcum LLP, with additional support from Eversource.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.