Join us June 15 for in-depth discussions on climate change, PFAS, ESG, remediation reform, offshore wind, ISO best practices, and more.
EPA Region 1 Administrator David Cash and Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Commissioner Katie Dykes kick off the conference, addressing enforcement priorities and the impact on the regulated community.
Anbaric president Peter Shattuck, Eversource Energy’s Bill Quinlan, and ISO New England’s Al McBride take a deep dive into regional efforts to improve reliability, transmission capacity, and the future of the grid.
We share an overview of federal and state offshore wind policies, the benefits of offshore wind energy, and an update on the Revolution Wind Project, which will supply clean energy to Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Other breakout sessions address the implication of PFAS and what to watch for in the near future, the intersection between corporate ESG policy and environmental justice in corporate decision-making, and best practices.
8:30 am | Welcome Remarks
- Lee Hoffman, Member, Pullman & Comley
8:40 am | Enforcement Priorities: EPA Region 1 & DEEP
- Introduction: Michael O’Connor, Dominion Energy
- David Cash, Regional Administrator, EPA New England
- Katie Dykes, Commissioner, DEEP
9:30 am | Networking Break
9:45 am | Breakout Sessions
Breakout 1: Let’s Get Real About PFAS—What Can You Do Now?
- Moderator: Emilee Mooney Scott, Partner, Robinson+Cole
- Brian Freeman, Senior Associate, Robinson+Cole
- John Hazard, Senior Partner, ERM
- Allison Tyropolis, Director of Compliance Engineering, HRP Associates
Breakout 2: Offshore Wind—What It Means for Connecticut
- Nicole Verdi, Head of Government Affairs & Policy, New England, Ørsted
10:45 am | Breakout Sessions
Breakout 1: Connecticut’s Waste Crisis
- Moderator: Mark Bobman, Executive Director, Bristol Resource Recovery Facility Operating Committee
- David Aldridge, Executive Director, Southeastern Connecticut Regional Resources Recovery Authority
- Bruce Howie, VP, HDR
- Scott Kalb, Founder & Director, Responsible Asset Allocator Initiative at New America; Technical Advisor, Bright Feeds
Breakout 2: Road Map to Decarbonization with Energize CT
- Larry Rush, Manager, C&I, Conservation & Load Management, AVANGRID
11:45 am | Manufacturers Roundtable & Networking Lunch
12:30 pm | Regional Transmission, Grid Reliability, Future Outlook
- Moderator: Brent Voelker, Director of Solutions Architecture, FuelCell Energy
- Al McBride, Director, Transmission Services & Resource Qualification, ISO
- Bill Quinlan, President, Transmission & Offshore Wind Projects, Eversource Energy
- Peter Shattuck, President, New England, Anbaric
1:15 pm | Networking Break
1:30 pm | Breakout Sessions
Breakout 1: Perspectives on the Intersection Between ESG & Environmental Justice
- Moderator: Harold Blinderman, Partner, Day Pitney
- Kelley Begin, Practice Leader, Air Services, Woodard & Curran
- Kirstin Etela, Partner, Day Pitney
- Sharon Lewis, Executive Director, Connecticut Coalition for Environmental Justice
- Alex Rodriguez, Environmental Justice Specialist, Save the Sound
Breakout 2: Best Practices—Obtaining ISO 50001 Energy Certification
- Virginia Ryan, Safety, Health & Environmental Manager, Allnex USA, Inc.
2:30 pm | Adjourn
Thu, Jun 15, 2023
8:30am – 2:30pm
Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
100 Capital Blvd, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
CBIA’s 2023 Energy & Environment Conference is made possible thanks to the generous support of Dominion Energy Nuclear Connecticut, FuelCell Energy, Pullman & Comley LLC, Robinson+Cole, Day Pitney, The United Illuminating Company, Allnex , Shipman & Goodwin, and Vancord.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.