Connect with Connecticut trail blazers at CBIA’s annual women’s leadership summit.
KeyBank and Key4Women® are proud to sponsor When Women Lead—KeyBank business banking sales leader Allison Standish-Plimpton opens the event with remarks about Key4Women’s support for the financial progress and empowerment of businesswomen through advocacy, connections, and financial guidance.
Shipman & Goodwin’s Leander Dolphin guides you as we highlight Connecticut’s unsung heroes and their personal and professional journeys.
SunLife’s Jen Collier explores Hartford native Glendowlyn Thames’ path to leading regional economic development efforts for technology giant Amazon.
Women’s Business Development Council founder and CEO Fran Pastore shines light on the stories of Kappa Consulting’s Roni Rodman, InsureGood’s Meredith Messenger, and Havenly’s Jane Dowd, who built businesses from the ground up and now empower others.
And Pullman & Comely’s Megan Carannante talks with Connecticut’s only female surgeon-in-chief, Dr. Christine Finck. From working mother to bioscience entrepreneur, the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center physician has an amazing story.
Don’t miss this terrific opportunity to engage with incredible Connecticut leaders and hear their inspiring stories!
7:30 am | Networking Breakfast
8:30 am | Opening Remarks
- Leander Dolphin, Managing Partner, Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- Allison Standish-Plimpton, SVP, Business Banking Sales Leader, KeyBank
8:45 am | Putting Community & Family First
- Sun Life U.S. SVP Jen Collier talks with Amazon’s Head of Economic Development for CT and NY Glendowlyn Thames
9:30 am | Networking Break
9:45 am | Leading with Intention
- Jeannette de Jesus, Executive Director, Copper Beech Institute
- Morgan Nyerick, Mindfulness Facilitator, Copper Beech Institute
10 am | Passion & Persistence
- Pullman & Comley’s Megan Carannante talks with Connecticut Children’s Medical Center Surgeon-in-Chief Dr. Christine Finck
10:45 am | Networking Break
11 am | Capitalizing on Opportunities
- Introduction: Billie Jo McWilliams, Private Client Banker, KeyBank
- Moderator: Fran Pastore, Founder & CEO, Women’s Business Development Council
- Jane Dowd, Co-Executive Director, Development, Havenly
- Meredith Messenger, Founder & CEO, InsureGood
- Roni Rodman, Owner, Kappa Consulting LLC
11:45 am | Adjourn
Thu, May 18, 2023
8:30am – 11:45am
Aqua Turf Club
556 Mulberry Street, Plantsville, CT 06479
When Women Lead is produced by CBIA in collaboration with the Women's Business Development Council and made possible through the generous support of KeyBank, Shipman & Goodwin, SunLife, and Pullman & Comley LLC.
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.