Do You Owe Employment Taxes?
The IRS offers small businesses a break
Small businesses that currently have employees and unpaid employment taxes may qualify for an In-Business Trust Fund Express Installment Agreement (IBTF-Express IA). These agreements generally do not require a financial statement or financial verification as part of the application process.
IBTF-Express IA Qualifying Criteria
- You owe $25,000 or less at the time the agreement is established. If you owe more than $25,000, you may pay down the liability before entering into the agreement in order to qualify.
- The debt must be full paid within 24-months or prior to the Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED), whichever is earlier.
- You must enroll in a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA) if the amount you owe is between $10,000 and $25,000.
- You must be compliant with all filing and payment requirements.
Three Ways to Apply
- Apply online if you owe $25,000 or less in payroll taxes.
- Call the IRS Business and Specialty Tax assistance line at 800.829.4933.
- Call the number on your bill or notice.
Businesses that do not qualify for an IBTF-Express IA should prepare Form 433-B, CIS for Businesses, and contact the IRS immediately. Call 800.829.4933 or the Field Collection Revenue Officer assigned to your case.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.