OSHA’s Top 10 Safety Violations for Fiscal 2018
OSHA has announced the preliminary top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2018.
While the rankings for OSHA’s top 10 most cited violations vary little from year to year, violation number 10 on this year’s list, Eye and Face Protection (1926.102), was not on the 2017 list.
“Knowing how workers are hurt can go a long way toward keeping them safe,” said National Safety Council president and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman in a statement. The top ten list was announced at the recent NSC Congress & Expo.
“The OSHA top 10 list calls out areas that require increased vigilance to ensure everyone goes home safely each day,” added Hersman.
The Top 10 for Fiscal 2018
- Fall Protection-General Requirements (Standard Number 1926.501)—7,270 violations
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200)—4,552
- Scaffolding (1926.451)—3,336
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134)—3,118
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)—2,944
- Ladders (1926.1053)—2,812
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178)—2,294
- Fall Protection-Training Requirements (1926.503)—1,982
- Machine Guarding (1910.212)—1,972
- Eye and Face Protection (1926.102)—1,536
A more in-depth look at the top 10 violations for 2018 will be published in the December edition of the NSC’s Safety+Health magazine.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.