CBIA Recognizes Family Business Leaders in CT
On Nov. 12, CBIA honored 26 family business leaders representing 14 companies from across Connecticut at a special event at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington.
Designed to spotlight the achievements and successes of a key component of the state’s economy, CBIA’s Celebrate Connecticut’s Family Businesses event drew more than 150 attendees, including business leaders and their employees.
“Family businesses generate a significant share of the state’s economic output, providing good jobs, while contributing greatly to local communities and our quality of life,” says CBIA economist Pete Gioia, who presented some of the awards at the event. “We’re delighted to have the opportunity to recognize the numerous achievements of Connecticut’s family owned businesses and honor the many stars working for and leading these firms.”
The event was part of CBIA’s Family Business Program, launched in 2012 to support and grow the state’s thousands of family owned firms. The program is sponsored by CohnReznick, First Niagara, and Reid & Riege LLC.
CBIA Family Business Honorees:
- Abercrombie Burns McKiernan & Co., Darien (Chris McKiernan and Pamela Saleh)
- Allied Printing Services Inc., Manchester (John “J.R.” Sommers)
- Bartlett Brainard Products, West Hartford/Farmington Valley (Darek Bouzyk, Mary Little, Jim Lynch, Neil St. Pierre, and Eric Landon)
- Design Professionals, South Windsor (Peter R. DeMaillie)
- Horst Engineering, East Hartford (Stanley, Steven, and Adeline Livingston)
- Hubbard Hall Inc., Waterbury (Jim Benning, Lydia Del Cerro, and Adrien Gomes)
- Lux Bond & Green, West Hartford (Bruce Skauen, Gail Gold, and Rhonda DiGiacomo)
- Miller Foods Inc., Avon (Sam Stevens)
- Motorlease Corporation, Farmington (Joe Pelehach)
- Paine’s Recycling & Rubbish Removal, East Granby (Robert Higley)
- Parker Medical Inc., Bridgewater (William and Geraldine Holland)
- Reynolds’ Garage & Marine Inc., Lyme (Marty Radomski)
- The Siemon Company, Watertown (Nancy Jones)
- Windsor Marketing Group, Suffield (Kevin Armata)
CBIA will be soliciting nominations for the 2014 Family Business Celebration early next summer. If you would like to nominate an employee, contact CBIA’s Phillip Montgomery at 860.244.1982 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.