SBA Accepting Small Business Award Nominations
The U.S. Small Business Administration is accepting nominations for its 2020 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
For more than 50 years, National Small Business Week has celebrated the inspiring achievements of America’s small businesses and the countless contributions they make to their local communities and our nation’s economy.
Winning an SBA award during National Small Business Week is an honor that few small businesses ever achieve.
It is a chance for communities to highlight and support small businesses, their owners, and the unique stories that led each of them to success.
Please take a moment to nominate a deserving Connecticut small business owner.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week from May 3-9, 2020 include these categories:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Small Business
- Minority Small Business Owner of the Year
- Veteran Small Business Owner of the Year
- Woman Small Business Owner of the Year
- Home-based Small Business Owner of the Year
- Microenterprise of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Small Business Manufacturer of the Year
- Financial Services Champion
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 pm, Jan. 7, 2020.
All nomination packages must be mailed or hand delivered to the nearest SBA Office. Connecticut SBA offices are at 280 Trumbull St., second floor, Hartford; and 915 Lafayette Boulevard, room 214, Bridgeport.
Email submissions of awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.