Start or Grow Your Business with These 10 Resources
Are you thinking of starting a business of your own? Or maybe you’re already there, but are looking to take it to the next level?
BusinessUSA.gov helps future and current business owners and entrepreneurs navigate today’s economic landscape by providing business resources spread across state and federal government agencies:
- Business plan basics. Get a clear idea of where you’re heading with this step-by-step guide to writing a business plan.
- Get business assistance and training. Get answers to pressing questions with this library of training resources and calendar of networking and business events.
- Choose your location. Use economic census data and information on state-level incentives to determine the right place for your business.
- Finance your business. Identify resources to fund your expansion.
- Determine the legal structure of your business. Are you a sole proprietor or an LLC? Learn more about the range of business structures.
- Protect your IP. Your business includes intellectual property that needs protecting, whether it’s a unique product or the company logo.
- Get an employer identification number. Obtain an Employer Identification Number for your business.
- Register for business taxes. Make sure you register to pay your federal, state and local taxes.
- Obtain business licenses and permits. Learn about license and permit requirements in your state.
- Understand your responsibilities as an employer. If you’re hiring, you’re growing! Make sure you’re aware of your human resource responsibilities as an employer.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.