State Extends Filing Deadline for Some Business Taxes
Connecticut is extending the filing deadlines for certain annual state tax returns by at least 30 days to support businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.
The state Department of Revenue Services is granting the automatic extensions, which take effect immediately.
“DRS understands some business taxpayers may find it difficult to meet [the March 15] state tax filing deadline, given current circumstances,” acting DRS Commissioner John Biello said today.
“This extension is designed to support these taxpayers, and tax practitioners, meet their responsibility to file returns and remit payments.
“DRS encourages those with questions specific to their own, individual circumstances to call or e-mail the agency.”
Filing deadlines for certain annual tax returns due on or after March 15, 2020, and before June 1, 2020, are extended by at least 30 days.
In addition, the payments associated with these returns are also extended to the corresponding due date in June.
The returns, associated filing dates, and payment deadlines are:
- 2019 Form CT-1065/CT-1120 SI Connecticut Pass-Through Entity Tax Return: Filing date extended to April 15, 2020; payment deadline extended to June 15, 2020
- 2019 Form CT-990T Connecticut Unrelated Business Income Tax Return: Filing date extended to June 15, 2020; payment deadline extended to June 15, 2020
- 2019 Form CT-1120 and CT-1120CU Connecticut Corporation Business Return: Filing date extended to June 15, 2020; payment deadline extended to June 15, 2020
Individual filers who are preparing their Connecticut income tax returns (form CT-1040) due April 15 should know that the state will adjust due dates for filing and paying state income taxes only if the IRS announces changes to due dates and payment of federal income taxes.
If you need to contact DRS, you may:
Taxpayers are encouraged to visit the DRS website for updates.
Those who need to contact DRS regarding their specific situation may email the agency or call:
- 860.297.5962 (from anywhere)
- 800.382.9463 (within Connecticut, outside Greater Hartford area only)
- 860.297.4911 (hearing impaired, TDD/TT users only)
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.