The U.S. Small Business Administration's Small Business Profiles are an annual portrait of each state’s smaller employers.
Included in each are snapshots into each state’s small business health and economic activity. Some economic data is also supplied for U.S. territories.
This year’s profiles report on state economic growth and employment. The data included in each profile answers the following questions:
- How many small businesses are in my state?
- How many jobs do they create?
- Which industries have the most small businesses and small business jobs?
- How many establishments opened and closed?
- How many exports are small businesses responsible for?
- Which counties in my state have the most small businesses?