Final ACA Regulations Published
On Nov. 18, 2015, the Departments of Treasury, Labor, and Health and Human Services published final regulations in the Federal Register (80 Fed Reg 72192) regarding:
- Grandfathered health plans
- Preexisting condition exclusions
- Lifetime and annual dollar limits on benefits
- Coverage of dependent children to age 26
- Internal claims and appeal and external review processes
- Patient protections under the .
The regulations finalize changes to the proposed and interim final rules based on comments, and incorporate sub-regulatory guidance issued since publication of the proposed and interim final rules.
The final regulations are effective Jan. 19, 2016.
The regulations apply to group health plans and health insurance issuers beginning on the first day of the first plan year (or, in the individual market, the first day of the first policy year) beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2017.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.