CBIA, the state's largest business organization, has elected 14 new members to its board of directors.
The diverse group represents a cross section of Connecticut's business community including a range of industry sectors, sizes, and geographical locations.
The incoming directors begin serving their four-year terms December 1.
"Our directors have a critical role in setting the organization's strategic direction," CBIA president and CEO Joe Brennan said.
"These individuals are among the state's top business leaders and their experience will help us develop our policy agenda.
"The upcoming legislative session is pivotal to overcoming some of the economic challenges facing Connecticut, and I along with our entire board look forward to working with the new administration to engage the business community, helping to create solutions that will drive innovation, investment, and growth."
The new directors are:
- Drew Andrews, CPA, Managing Partner & CEO, Whittlesey, Hartford
- Eric Galvin, President, ConnectiCare, Farmington
- Josh Geballe, President, Thimble Islands Ventures, LLC, Guilford
- William Harmon, President, Retirement Corporate Markets, Voya Financial, Hartford
- Richard Iovanne, Market Manager, SVP, People's United Bank, N.A., Bridgeport
- Paul Kelley, Vice President & General Manager EPG, Alinabal Holdings Corp., Milford
- Marietta Lee, Vice President and Corporate Secretary, The Lee Company, Westbrook
- David Lewis, President and CEO, OperationsInc, Norwalk
- Christopher Luise, Co-CEO, Adnet Technologies, LLC, Farmington
- Scott Mayo, Senior Vice President, BGI & President, Barnes Industrial, Barnes Group, Inc., Bristol
- Moy Ogilvie, Managing Partner, McCarter and English, LLP, Hartford
- Reed Salvatore, CEO, Accurate Lock & Hardware Co., LLC, Stamford
- Wendy Sherry, President, Cigna Connecticut & Payer Solutions, Cigna Healthcare, Bloomfield
- John Strahley, Managing Director, Ironwood Capital, Avon
The board will elect a new chair December 6 to succeed Mary Kay Fenton, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Achillion Pharmaceuticals.
Fenton will remain on the board as the immediate past chair.
CBIA is Connecticut's largest business organization, with thousands of member companies, small and large, representing a diverse range of industries from every part of the state. For more information, please email or call Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).