OSHA Issues Coronavirus Safety Tips for Stockroom, Loading Dock Workers
OSHA has issued safety tips retailers can follow to protect retail stockroom and loading dock workers from exposure to the coronavirus.
Safety measures OSHA recommends include:
- Stock displays—shelves, coolers, and freezers—during slow periods or shifts when stores are closed to minimize contact with the public
- Use barriers or markers to physically separate shelf stockers from customers if stocking when stores are open
- Maintain at least six feet between co-workers and customers, where possible
- Limit customer capacity in stores
- Coordinate with vendors and delivery companies to minimize the need for stockroom and loading dock worker contact with delivery drivers
- Allow workers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent spread of the virus
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.
OSHA previously issued guidance for workers in the package delivery industry.
For more information, contact CBIA’s Phillp Montgomery (860.244.1982).
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.