State Program Targets Workforce Transportation
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is accepting applications for the CTpass program, designed to support workforce development and increase access to the state’s bus system.
Eligible organizations can submit applications to participate in the program, which offers 31-day bus passes at a 10% discount for CTtransit and CTfastrak bus services.
CTtransit and CTfastrak service communities throughout the state, including Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, New Britain, Bristol, Waterbury, Meriden, and Wallingford.
The program was developed to support workforce development and increase access to Connecticut’s bus transportation system.
State lawmakers approved the program in 2021, after the Governor’s Workforce Council Strategic Plan identified access to transportation as a key workforce development issue.
Eligible organizations that can apply to participate in the program include:
- Organizations that provide eligible training programs (as defined by the Department of Labor)
- Apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship program sponsors
- Providers of alternate route to certification programs approved by the State Board of Education
- Higher education institutions education
- Private occupational schools
- Private employers
- State or municipal agencies
- Public or nonprofit social service providers
Organizations can apply for passes on behalf employees, trainees, students or clients. Individual applications will not be accepted.
Any organization that meets the criteria may apply.
DOT will review applications and contact organizations for the next steps. The application period does not close.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.