Open House: Making It In Connecticut
Manufacturing is one of Connecticut’s most recognized—and most revered—industries.
Responsible for $28.4 billion in economic activity annually and employing over 160,000 workers, it’s clear why we should celebrate this important industry.
And that’s exactly what Manufacturing Day on October 4 does.
To bring awareness about the sector’s economic impact and career opportunities, manufacturers all across Connecticut will host open houses, tours, and demonstrations in their facilities throughout the month of October and particularly on Friday, October 4.
CBIA member companies hosting events in October include:
- Associated Spring, Bristol
- Atlas Metal Works, South Windsor (invitation only)
- Barnes Aerospace, East Granby and Windsor (invitation only)
- Bead Electronics, Milford (invitation only)
- DACRUZ Manufacturing, Bristol (invitation only)
- Dymotek Corporation, Somers
- ebm-papst, Farmington (invitation only)
- Eppendorf, Enfield (invitation only)
- Hobson & Motzer, Durham (invitation only)
- Lauretano Sign Group, Plymouth
- Pegasus Manufacturing, Middletown
- The Lee Company, Westbrook (invitation only)
- Sikorsky, Stratford (invitation only)
- TRUMPF, Farmington (invitation only)
- Wepco Plastics, Middlefield
Whether you’re an educator, manufacturer, or a student interested in learning more about this industry as a career path, there’s an event on the Manufacturing Trail for you!
Visit the national Manufacturing Day website to find an event near you. Visitors are encouraged to call ahead or email to reserve a spot.
And don’t forget to register for CBIA’s Made in Connecticut: 2019 Manufacturing Summit, scheduled for Friday, October 25 in Trumbull.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.