The membership of CBIA, the state's largest business organization, has elected 14 new members to its board of directors.
The diverse group represents a cross section of Connecticut's business community, including a range of industry sectors, sizes, and geographical locations.
The election results were announced November 7 at CBIA's annual meeting In Hartford. The new directors begin serving their four-year terms December 1.
"The members of CBIA's board of directors play a critical role in setting the organization's strategic direction and overseeing operations," CBIA president and CEO Joe Brennan said today.
"These individuals are among the state's top business leaders and their experience will guide the development of policies that drive innovation, investment, and job and economic growth in Connecticut.”
The new directors are:
- Chris Allen, President and Founder, iDevices LLC, Avon
- John Burkhardt, Senior Vice President, Pfizer Inc., Groton
- Sheila Denton, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., Ridgefield
- Michele Etzel, Executive Vice President and CFO, National Graphics Inc., North Branford
- Rohan Freeman, President and CEO, Freeman Companies LLC, Hartford
- Lucia Furman, President, Mercantile Development Inc., Shelton
- Kevin Grigg, President and CEO, Fuss & O’Neill Inc., Manchester
- Michael Kennedy, Vice President, Tax and Treasury, Barnes Group Inc., Bristol
- Matthew Luxton, Vice President Facilities and General Counsel, General Dynamics Electric Boat Corp., Groton
- Brian Montanari, President and CEO, HABCO Industries LLC, Glastonbury
- Lisa Morgan, Senior Vice President, Construction, Energy, and Marine, Travelers Companies, Hartford
- Rina Patel, Executive Director of Operations, RSCC Wire & Cable LLC, East Granby
- Rachel Stansel, President, Environics Inc., Tolland
- William Tommins, Market Executive Global Commercial Banking, Bank of America, Stamford
The board will elect a new chair December 12 to succeed Chris DiPentima, president, Pegasus Branch, Leggett & Platt in Middletown.
DiPentima will remain on the board as the immediate past chair.
CBIA is Connecticut's largest business organization, with thousands of member companies, small and large, representing a diverse range of industries from every part of the state. For more information, please email or call Joe Budd (860.244.1951).