SBA Recognizes Lenders That Backed Loan Programs
The U. S. Small Business Administration recently recognized several lenders who helped support over $300 million in loans made to Connecticut businesses through one of three loan programs.
Through September 30, 2019, the SBA supported over $314 million in loans that either created or retained over 6,100 jobs in Connecticut through the 7a Loan Guaranty Program, the Certified Development Company/504 Loan Program, and the Micro-Loan Program.
A total of 776 loans were made to Connecticut small businesses in fiscal 2019.
The Connecticut SBA recently celebrated its 2019 Eagle Awards recipients at its annual lenders and partners meeting in West Hartford.
“One purpose of our annual lenders and partners meeting is to publicly thank our lenders and partners for their tremendous support and utilization of SBA programs to help Connecticut’s small business community,” said Mark Hayward, interim district director for the SBA Connecticut district office.
“We look forward to continued growth in SBA activity and partnerships throughout the coming years.”
The SBA recognized these lenders:
- Lender of the Quarter, Fourth Quarter, FY 2019: People’s United Bank
- Top Lender to Exporters: Newtown Savings Bank
- Top Lender to Veterans: People’s United Bank
- Top Lender to Minorities: Webster Bank
- Top Lender to Women: Webster Bank
- Top SBA Micro Lender by Volume and Dollars: Community Economic Development Fund
- Top 504 CDC by Volume and Dollars: NE Certified Development Corporation
- Top 504 Third Party Lender by Volume and Dollars: Webster Bank
- Top 7a Lender by Volume and Dollars: Webster Bank
In addition, over 26,000 clients were counseled and/or trained by the SBA and its resource partners: SCORE, the Connecticut Small Business Development Center, Women’s Business Centers located in Hartford, Derby, Stamford, and New London, and the Veteran Business Outreach Center.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.