All Connecticut employers must provide a Separation Packet, which includes a Separation Notice (UC-61) and instructions to the worker immediately upon termination of employment or indefinite layoff.

The notice should be provided regardless of whether the termination is voluntary or involuntary.

The former employee will need this notice to submit a claim for unemployment compensation.

Copies can also be obtained by calling the Department of Labor at 860.263.6635.

Vacation Shutdown Unemployment Notice (UC-62V)

The Department of Labor wants to diminish use of the vacation shutdown unemployment notice (UC-62V), previously required  for layoffs of less than six weeks, either scheduled or unscheduled.

Employers should use the Separation Packet (see above) for temporary layoffs.

Employer Unemployment Compensation Tax Forms

Available online from the state Department of Labor.