Webinar: Business Benefits of Foreign Trade Zones
The Connecticut District Export Council and the U.S. Commercial Service’s Connecticut office are hosting a free webinar on Foreign Trade Zones Oct. 21.
The 90-minute webinar is scheduled for 1 pm and is part of a series for Manufacturing Month that aims to provide valuable information on a variety of export-related topics.
The FTZ program is designed to boost the competitiveness of American businesses in the global economy by encouraging activity and value added at U.S. facilities in competition with foreign alternatives.
The program allows delayed or reduced duty payments on foreign merchandise, reduced tax payments, and other savings for businesses.
FTZs help create and retain jobs, encourage investment, enhance competitiveness, reduce fees, and provide a great advantage for Connecticut businesses.
Join this event to:
- Learn FTZ basics and how to apply
- Understand the U.S. Customs and Border Protection activation process
- Hear directly from an active FTZ user about the program’s benefits
- Members of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration
- CBP officials
- Connecticut FTZ representatives
- A Connecticut manufacturing firm actively using an FTZ
The Connecticut District Export Council is an organization of local community leaders appointed by the Secretary of Commerce offering professional advice to companies seeking to expand international sales.
The U.S. Commercial Service is part of the Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration.
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.