CBIA, BlumShapiro Release Annual Business Survey Results
Are businesses investing? Are they profitable? Do they want to stay in the state?
Find out these answers and more at the annual Connecticut Economy conference this Friday, September 9.
The Connecticut Economy
Friday, September 9
8:15 am – noon
Marriott Hartford Downtown (200 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford)
CBIA and BlumShapiro will release the results of the 2016 Survey of Connecticut Businesses, which takes the temperature of the state’s business climate – its challenges and successes.
Presenting the results will be Colin Cooper, CEO, Whitcraft Group; Normand Forest, CEO, Dymotek Corporation; Joseph Kask, CEO, BlumShapiro; and Robert Scinto, chairman, R.D. Scinto, Inc.
Patricia Abaroa, chief, Direct Investment Division at the Bureau of Economic Analysis, keynotes the event, discussing foreign direct investment and the impact on the state economy.
The event will also feature two panel discussions.
The Future for Connecticut’s Youth: Jobs, Housing, and the Economic Outlook
- Moderator: Christopher Ball, director, Central European Institute, and István Széchenyi chair of international economics, Quinnipiac University
- Sadie Colcord, public policy and economic research intern, CBIA
- Susan Coleman, professor of finance, Barney School of Business, University of Hartford
- Manisha Srivastava, budget analyst and economist, Connecticut Office of Policy and Management
Brexit: Challenges to Globalism and Impact on Connecticut Exporters
- Moderator: Laura Jaworski, international business development project manager, Connecticut DECD
- Christopher Ball, Quinnipiac University
- John Schuyler, chairman, Connecticut District Export Council
- John Shin, senior G10 FX strategist, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
CBIA is Connecticut’s largest business organization, with thousands of member companies, small and large, representing a diverse range of industries from every part of the state. For more information, please email or call Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.