MEDIA ADVISORY: Connecticut 2017 Economic Update – Friday, April 28
With many proposals on the table, how will lawmakers close a $3.6 billion two-year state budget deficit? Will they give the economy a much needed boost?
Get the latest insights on the budget debate and the state’s economic outlook for Connecticut at CBIA’s annual spring economic event.
Connecticut 2016 Economic Update
Friday, April 29
The Aqua Turf Club, 556 Mulberry Street, Plantsville
Farmington-based TRUMPF Inc. senior executive Burke Doar is this year’s keynote speaker. He’ll discuss manufacturing’s growing resurgence in the state, along with the opportunities and challenges facing manufacturers and their supply chains.
The event also features two panel discussions.
Are We There Yet? Balancing the Budget, Fueling the Economy
- Chris Ball, Ph.D., Director, Central European Institute and István Széchenyi Chair in International Economics, Quinnipiac University
- Sarah Crane, Economist, Moody’s Analytics
- Don Klepper-Smith, Chief Economist & Director of Research, DataCore Partners LLC
Politics & the Budget Battle
- Moderator: Dennis House, Anchor & Face the State Host, WFSB
- Jennifer Bernstein, Anchor & The Real Story Co-Host, Fox 61
- Max Reiss, State Politics Reporter, NBC Connecticut
- Christine Stuart, Editor-in-Chief, CTNewsJunkie
CBIA is Connecticut’s largest business organization, with thousands of member companies, small and large, representing a diverse range of industries from every part of the state. For more information, please email or call Meaghan MacDonald (860.244.1957).
EXPLORE BY CATEGORY
Stay Connected with CBIA News Digests
The latest news and information delivered directly to your inbox.